INTO Queen’s University Belfast pre-arrival guide
Passport packed? Suitcase sorted? It’s nearly time for your unforgettable adventure at INTO Queen’s University Belfast.
Get organized before you start your studies with us. Here, you’ll find out what you can do to prepare for arrival.
Join our pre-arrival preparation course
Can’t wait to start your study abroad journey? Prepare for your studies early by joining the INTO Queen's University Belfast pre-arrival preparation course from Tuesday 03 Jan 2023, three weeks before you enroll. Online content may include*:
- opportunity to meet staff, current students and new students who will study with you
- live session on Thursday 05 January 2023 at 11AM GMT, to understand your timetable and what your course includes, and to help with registration and IT support. Click here to join the meeting
- module selection and academic support
- information about the INTO Center, university campus and city of Belfast
- talks from alumni sharing their experiences at INTO and their graduate careers
- videos, blogs and documents that answer common questions
- student discussion forums to engage with your classmates
- virtual ice breaker sessions
- free access to a certified Digital Literacy course to boost your digital skills.
Arriving in Belfast
There are two airports in Belfast you can fly into: Belfast International Airport and George Best Belfast City Airport. To make your journey seamless, we can arrange a transfer to your university accommodation.
Discover welcome week
You’ll take part in online induction sessions, and if you’re studying on campus, there’ll also be in-person events for you to attend too. Sessions could include:
- meeting student services and support staff
- getting to know your classmates and your teachers
- program-specific tips from INTO students
- progression and university placement introduction
- online study skills
- Students’ Union clubs and societies
- a look at what PEC Sports and the McClay Library offer.
Explore INTO Queen’s University Belfast
Get to know the INTO Center, university campus and new city before you’ve left home.