Pre-sessional English at the University of Stirling
Pre-sessional English provides a short and intensive preparation in academic English for students who are academically qualified and due to start a degree programme at the University of Stirling.
- Designed to improve your English language skills to the level required by your chosen degree, by up to IELTS 1.0 in one or more skills.
- Focuses on academic vocabulary, writing, reading, listening and speaking.
- An opportunity to develop confidence at an English-speaking university campus or in an online academic environment.
Quick facts about this course
- Course length: 12 and 8 week online courses and 10 and 6 week on campus courses.
- Age requirement: 16 years and above.
- Academic requirements: Offer of a place on a degree programme at the University of Stirling.
- Mon 06 Jun 2022-Fri 26 Aug 2022 (12 weeks – online)
- Mon 20 Jun 2022-Fri 26 Aug 2022 (10 weeks – on campus)
- Mon 04 Jul 2022-Fri 26 Aug 2022 (8 weeks – online)
- Mon 18 Jul 2022-Fri 26 Aug 2022 (6 weeks – on campus)
- 12 weeks (online): £3,700
- 10 weeks (on campus): £4,475
- 8 weeks (online): £2,120
- 6 weeks (on campus): £2,830
English language entry requirements for Pre-sessional English at Stirling
Pre-sessional English courses are suitable for students with current IELTS levels between 5.0 and 6.5.
Only an official IELTS result or equivalent recognised English language test will be accepted as proof of English language proficiency. A wide range of English language tests are accepted by the University for online learning, including TOEFL iBT, Pearsons and Duolingo.