International Foundation in Humanities and Law
Prepare for entry to Year 1 of a world top 75 undergraduate law degree, the UK's best media* degree or an industry-focused program in psychology, sociology, politics or economics at City, University of London.
Want to study law in London? This program leads to the pioneering City Law School, where four British prime ministers, two Ghanaian presidents and Mahatma Gandhi previously studied.
*Times Higher Education World Rankings 2023 Complete University Guide 2023
Completion of 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades. Students intending to progress to Journalism or Law: Some previous familiarity with arts, humanities or social science subjects may be desirable. - *Additional Information: - Students intending to progress to Music: - applicants without appropriate formal music qualifications must provide evidence of their musical skills and knowledge through submission of a portfolio of work samples. This must include some evidence of knowledge of Western music theory, for example through an academic essay on a music analysis topic and/or a notated composition. If applicants wish to pursue 1:1 instrumental or vocal tuition as part of their studies, a good Grade 7 performance qualification or equivalent is normally required. For those without qualifications, we ask that you submit a recording (preferably video) of one or more performances.
English Language Requirements
IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 4.5 in writing) or equivalent.
08 January 2024
16 September 2024
06 January 2025
- The only international student preparation programme in the UK that is fully validated and quality assured by City, University of London and tailored to the undergraduate curriculum.
- Guaranteed progression to a range of undergraduate degrees in humanities and law at City, University of London.
- Experience practical visits to London’s law courts, real-world projects and mock UN debating competitions.
- Study at our dedicated INTO Centre in the heart of London, with tailored 24/7 support.
- Develop key career skills, gain real-world experience and enhance your employability while you study.
- Attend taster classes delivered by university faculty.