Why study Social Sciences at Glasgow Caledonian University?
GCU has won awards that honour its positive social outlook, making this university a strong choice for the study of social sciences.
- Committed to research excellence, community engagement and societal empowerment throughout its Department of Social Sciences, working closely with the Scottish Poverty Information Unit and Women in Scotland’s Economy Research Centre.
- Some degrees enable you to take part in an exchange programme.
- Tourism and events management students attend field trips, listen to lectures from experts in industry and experience business simulations to help you network and gain insights into the industry.
- MSc Multimedia Journalism is the only double-accredited degree in journalism in Scotland, accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists and the Broadcast Journalism Training Council.
- MA Television Fiction Writing is the only full-time postgraduate degree that is centred on writing for UK television dramas.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.