Why study sciences at Illinois State University?
At Illinois State, you'll find the traditional sciences as well as emerging sciences. Our actuarial science teaches you risk assessment. Food science looks at the nutrition and biological components. Discover your scientific pursuit here.
- Earn your actuarial science degree from a program that has been recognized as one of the nine Centers for Actuarial Science.
- When you graduate from the actuarial science program, you'll be pleased to know that graduates experience 98% job placement with average starting salaries of $110,000.
- Our campus is one of only 32 programs globally to be recognized as a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
- You can join Illinois State’s Solar Car Team founded by Department of Physics students and faculty. Team members have even taken their car to global competitions like the Abu Dhabi Solar Car Challenge.
- Our biomechanics lab will allow you to explore exercise science and understand the human body better to improve its performance and prevent overuse injuries.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.