This course provides the fastest and most effective route towards reaching your required English language level. It's specially designed to meet your individual learning needs, with five tailored study levels to ensure you gain the language fluency and academic skills you need to succeed.
From September 2021, you can choose to study Academic English on campus or start online. You will study the same programme with the same teachers and the same guaranteed progression to university – the only differences are that online Academic English has lower tuition fees, English language entry requirements starting from IELTS 4.0, 25 learning hours instead of 30 learning hours on campus, and no visa is required.
Looking for a flexible way to study? Staying on track for university success is easy with our flexible study options.
Choose an on campus or online program and confirm with confidence, knowing that if your plans change, you have the flexibility to decide how and when you’ll take the next step towards achieving your dream of studying at a world-class university.
Whether you’re joining us on campus, or learning online, we’ve taken even more steps to keep you safe and supported while you study with us, so you can focus on what matters – your future.
- As a highly engaged and hard-working student, you can expect to make rapid progress of up to one IELTS point per term through this intensive course. INTO students completing a term of Academic English in December 2017 made on average 0.8 of an IELTS band progress.
- Study 30 learning hours, with 25 hours face-to-face contact, and 5 hours of teacher-supported online language development.
- Developed in partnership with Cambridge Assessment, tailored online assessment enables your progress to be accurately monitored.
- Benefit from interactive lessons and small class sizes.
- develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, and learn to communicate effectively in English
- grow your vocabulary through discussion on current affairs
- study real-world subjects to make learning come alive
- learn to express your opinions and challenge the ideas of others
- learn how to give presentations and write academic essays
- access dedicated teaching and online resources through the MyINTO platform to support your learning and prepare you for your exams