Completion of 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades. - *Additional Information: Students intending to progress to one of the degrees listed below must meet the following requirements:3 term: IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 5.0 in all subskills) or equivalent4 term: IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 4.5 in all subskills) or equivalent- Biochemistry- Biomedical Genetics- Biomedical Sciences- Medical Science (deferred choice)- Pharmacology- Pharmacy- Physiological Sciences- Psychology and Biology- Psychology and Sport and Exercise Science- Psychology- Sport and Exercise Science
English Language Requirements
IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 4.5 in all subskills) or equivalent. Some exclusions exist.* *Students aiming for certain progression degrees will be required to meet higher English requirements.
08 January 2024
27 June 2024
23 September 2024
06 January 2025
26 June 2025
- Prepare to study a research-led undergraduate degree at Newcastle University – ranked in the world top 60 for Life Sciences and Medicine (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023).
- Experiment in the university’s modern laboratories and undertake field trips to gather information and material for discussion during seminars.
- Attend weekly classes delivered by Newcastle University lecturers.
- Study at our state-of-the-art INTO Centre at the heart of Newcastle University's campus, with tailored 24/7 support.
- Develop key career skills, gain real-world experience and enhance your employability while you study.
- Receive a 10” Samsung Galaxy tablet with access to digital textbooks and interactive activities to support your studies.