We're here to support you at INTO Newcastle
Worried about studying in Newcastle? Don't be! We're here to support you throughout your journey with INTO. Whether you need help speaking in English, writing a personal statement for university or even directions to the nearest supermarket - we're here to help you adjust to life in the UK. At INTO Newcastle our dedicated support teams offer a range of specialised support for international students, so you know that you can get on with your studies in complete confidence!
Getting settled in Newcastle
Studying in another country can be a big adjustment but we’re here to help! During your first two weeks at INTO Newcastle, we'll give you all the information you’ll need to help settle into your new surroundings, including:
- timetable and class information
- events to meet with staff and other students
- collecting your biometric residency permit
- registering with the police
- registering with a doctor and dentist
- opening a bank account
- information on social activities, clubs and sports clubs.
We’ll show you how to get around Newcastle, helping you navigate the nearest shops, transport and points of interest. Need to speak to someone outside of office hours? We'll give you a 24-hour emergency helpline telephone number should you need any help.
INTO Newcastle University welcome desk
Welcome desk INTO Newcastle University
Staff talking with students
Academic support at INTO Newcastle
Our teachers understand your needs, and are dedicated to your success. At the beginning of your course you’ll be told who your Personal Tutor is, and you’ll meet with them in your first week.
You can approach them for help with any academic questions or personal issues at any time throughout your studies. They’ll help you settle in, monitor your academic progress, and can refer you to additional academic and welfare support if needed.More about our teachers
Improving your English
Language advisers are available in the Centre to help students with a low level of English to communicate.
A Chinese Language Support Officer is also on-hand to provide dedicated language support to Chinese students.
Other language support services include extra individual and small group academic lessons, online support, revision sessions, and one-to-one teaching at an additional cost.
Support tailored for you
Studying at INTO Newcastle isn't just about supporting you academically, we want to make sure that you're happy and healthy too! We offer additional personal support including:
- residential assistants within student residences
- language advisors to assist new and prospective students
- dedicated welfare officer to provide guidance on any personal issues you may have
- confidential support for students with disabilities
- visa support, with workshops available throughout the year
- chaplaincy service and religious facilities
- careers, Employability and Skills service to help boost your CV
- on-site University Health Centre
- extensive Students’ Union with a wide variety of clubs and societies
- airport pick-up service for new arrivals (additional cost).