Why choose a Newcastle University Computer Science degree?
Having built its first computer laboratory more than half a century ago, the Newcastle University School of Computing combines long-term expertise with pioneering innovation. The School boasts excellent links with industry and world-leading research, both of which are woven through the content of every degree.
- Specialist Computing facilities are found in the £58 million Urban Sciences Building, including a state-of-the-art Virtual Reality suite and a Cyber-Physical laboratory.
- Partnered with the prestigious Alan Turing Institute – leaders of education and research in data science and artificial intelligence.
- Recognised as an Academic Centre of Excellence for research in Cyber Security.
- Enriched employability opportunities for all students – including industry placements, portfolio development, intensive workshops and coding challenges.
- Awarded the Athena Swan Bronze medal for gender equality and diversity in Computing.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.