Welcome to the Newton A level Programme
If you are a high-achieving student who is passionate about the sciences, mathematics or economics, the Newton Programme offers you more than a standard A level experience. It's designed for UK and international students who are talented enough to become tomorrow’s leading medics, scientists, engineers, mathematicians and lawyers, and produces high rates of success.
- Progress to a top university – Newton students have progressed to globally-recognised universities including the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, Imperial College London and the LSE.
- Enhance your university application – From work experience opportunities and educational trips to academic competitions and project qualifications, you'll take part in a range of exciting academic enrichment activities.
- Preparation for aspiring medics – 100% of students who achieved a minimum of three A grades for medical school in 2019 successfully gained a place.
Your course options
Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) A levels are recognised by universities globally as one of the most prestigious of all A level awarding bodies and are welcomed by the world’s leading universities, including Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial and UK and Irish medical schools.
The Newton Programme offers A levels in the core sciences, mathematics, psychology and economics. Both a five-term and a six-term programme are offered, allowing progression to an undergraduate degree at a top university in the UK or abroad.
Your INTO Centre
You will study on UEA’s campus – a vibrant and inspiring place to live and learn that is designed as a mini-city for students. You’ll initially be based at the INTO Centre which has all the facilities you need for a great study experience.
Life in Norwich
Full of creativity, energy and culture, Norwich is a great place to explore and have some fun. With the city centre just two miles from the UEA campus, it doesn’t take long to embrace city life.
You'll study at one of the top 5 safest universities in England (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018), in one of the best places to live in the UK (The Sunday Times Best Places to Live 2020), where you'll discover:
- delicious, authentic food in one of the many international cafés, restaurants and Asian supermarkets
- museums and art galleries, one of which is even on the UEA campus!
- cinemas, a bowling alley, a trampoline park and a large shopping mall
Dedicated support while you study
As a Newton A level Programme student, you'll have an extensive support network to guide you every step of the way. From helping you set up a bank account and support with your university applications to additional academic and mental health support around examination times, your welfare is our priority.
If your parents have any questions about studying abroad, they'll find all the answers they need on our Parents' page.
Living in student residences on campus is a great way to meet new friends, develop independence and quickly settle in. The fantastic residences are purpose-built and especially designed for students and close to all the facilities you'll need. This safe, comfortable living environment also offers 24/7 support from on-site residential staff.