What can I expect from the UEA campus?
Described as a mini-city, UEA’s campus was designed to be the ideal community environment. You’ll find everything you need for daily life, such as supermarkets and a medical center, plus a variety of entertainment options. Discover 145 hectares of scenic wildlife trails to explore too, right on campus. And with the INTO Center located in the heart of campus, you'll be part of the university community from day one.
What will I find at the Students’ Union on campus?
You'll automatically become a member of the Students' Union. In Union House, you will have access to 200+ clubs and societies including law, entrepreneurship, debating, drama, anime, music, cultural and international societies. You'll also find all sorts of facilities run by students, for students, including:
- Unio Coffee – an ethically-focused coffee shop
- pizza(su) – a pizzeria that hosts regular events
- The LCR – a popular dance and music concert venue
- shop(su) – a shop containing all the student essentials
- The Hive – there's always something interesting going on here!
What sports facilities does UEA have?
You'll have full access to UEA's £30 million Sportspark – one the UK's top sports facilities. Here, you can enjoy:
- a 50m Olympic-sized swimming pool
- an indoor fitness center with cardio equipment and weight stack machines
- badminton, squash, basketball and volleyball courts
- a ten-meter high climbing wall with bouldering cave
- six floodlit artificial turf pitches
- the Soccerpark with four five-a-side and three seven-a-side pitches
- six floodlit tennis and netball courts
- 40 acres of playing fields, including pitches for rugby, American football, lacrosse, cricket and baseball.
You can also take part in one of 60+ sports clubs, covering everything from athletics, hockey, fencing and basketball, to table tennis, martial arts, boxing and watersports.
During our 6-week introductory sports program, you will have taster sessions of a range of sports. Join classes for all levels of fitness in many activities, from tennis and archery to trampolining and gymnastics, or have a program designed for you by a sports scientist.
Is there a religious community on the UEA campus?
All students can access UEA's Faith Centre. A spiritual meeting place and community center on campus, it offers chaplains and services for a number of religions and provides a safe and quiet space – whatever your beliefs. Faith groups available on campus include:
- Buddhist community
- Christian community
- Hindu community
- Islamic community
- Jewish community
Staff will also be happy to help you find local groups for other faiths.
What food will I find on the UEA campus?
INTO UEA has a fantastic restaurant that is conveniently located in the INTO Center. The restaurant caters for a range of dietary requirements, including vegetarian and halal options at every meal. The menu changes weekly, but meals we regularly serve include:
- red Thai chicken curry (halal)
- beef and root vegetable casserole
- lamb kofta balls coated in a rich tomato sauce
- egg fried rice
- sweet chilli vegetable noodles.
The INTO Café is open seven days a week, 365 days of the year. Hot meals are served three times a day with tea, coffee and snacks available all day. If you have a meal plan, you'll receive two meals here each day.
UEA also has several eateries on the campus for you to enjoy, including:
- Atrium Café – paninis, baguettes, snacks and hot drinks
- Café 57 – a selection of sub sandwiches and salads
- Sportscafé – hot food like burgers, curry, jacket potatoes and stir fries
- STREAT – international street food and burgers
- Zest – cooked breakfasts and dinner options such as pizza and pasta.