A-level Economics, Business and Actuarial Science
Studying A levels on a university campus supports a natural, confident progression to an elite university. Choose this pathway to study A levels in Mathematics and Economics and optional Further Mathematics and/or Physics. Prepare for an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance economics or actuarial science at a leading UK university.
Previous students have progressed to the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), King's College London and the University of Warwick from this pathway.
Newton Programme candidates must demonstrate potential for entry to top-ranked universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, US Ivy league or medical schools. For entry onto the programme you must have completed your education to Year 11 level achieving equivalent to minimum six GCSE passes at grade 6 / B or above.
English Language Requirements
IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 in all subskills) or equivalent.
08 January 2024
23 September 2024
06 January 2025
- Experience university-style teaching in workshops and masterclasses under the supervision of university academics.
- Visits to an exciting range of places of scientific importance such as the Science Museum in London, the Codebreakers Museum at Bletchley Park, and the Sanger Centre in Cambridge.
- Opportunities to enter competitions such as the UK Mathematics Challenge.
- Students hoping to study a Mathematics, Engineering or Economics related subject, weekly maths enhancement classes help develop mathematical and problem solving skills, and provide preparation for the STEP examinations and an interview in this field.
- Students will work towards a CREST award – a well-respected and recognised national award requiring excellent project management, teamwork and communication skills.
- Students have the opportunity to complete an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), which requires them to independently research a topic of interest with the guidance of a project supervisor. It can be used to earn extra UCAS points.