A-level Science and Medicine
Studying A levels on a university campus supports a natural, confident progression to an elite university. Choose this pathway to study A levels in Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology with optional Physics or Psychology. Prepare for an undergraduate degree in science or medicine at a leading UK university.
Previous students have progressed to the University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, University College London (UCL), the University of East Anglia (UEA) and medical schools in the UK and Ireland from this pathway.
English Language Requirements
23 September 2024
06 January 2025
- Experience university-style teaching in workshops and masterclasses under the supervision of university academics and sometimes in the University's laboratories.
- Opportunities for medical work placements such as at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- Weekly Medical Ethics classes to prepare you for medical applications and develop key skills for the profession.
- Visits to a range of places of scientific importance such as the Science Museum in London, the Codebreakers Museum at Bletchley Park, and the Sanger Centre in Cambridge.
- Senior academics from Norwich Medical School deliver presentations offering valuable insights into the world of medicine and health.
- Opportunities to enter competitions such as the UK Chemistry and Biology Olympiads.
- Students will work towards a CREST award – a well-respected and recognised national award requiring excellent project management, teamwork and communication skills.
- Students have the opportunity to complete an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), which requires them to independently research a topic of interest with the guidance of a project supervisor. It can be used to earn extra UCAS points.