Oregon State University: The West Coast’s most valuable degree
Your path to a top career starts at Oregon State University. No matter what you study, you’ll end your time at OSU having earned one of the West Coast’s most valuable degrees.
Why study at Oregon State University?
- OSU graduates earn on average $20,000 more than the US average upon graduation (U.S. Department of Education College Scorecard 2022). We’re a preferred hiring partner for Amazon, Apple, Google, Nvidia and more.
- OSU is a Tier 1 Research University and receives nearly half a billion dollars in research funding every year. We’re one of only three universities in the United States with Land, Sea, Space and Sun-Grant designations, meaning OSU is involved with major research in all four areas.
- There’s a reason so many of our engineering programs are ranked in the top 100. As a top 100 Best Engineering School with four top 50 graduate programs (U.S. News & World Report 2023), we combine groundbreaking research with work experience through MECOP, a prestigious paid internship program.
- Meet one-on-one with OPT (Optional Practice Training) advisors to secure employment in the US, with a 2-year extension for STEM programs. In 2022 we had 540+ alumni participating in OPT.
Your course options
Your INTO Center
Our International Living-Learning Center is a vibrant hub of student life. INTO OSU provides resources like academic and personal advising, tutoring, the English Conversation Partner Program and organized social events and trips around Oregon.
Life in Corvallis
Corvallis is one of the greenest college towns in the US, surrounded by forests and farms in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. In the surrounding area, you can find signature Pacific Northwest farm-to-table restaurants, as well as some of the finest local wines and craft beers in the US. With nature right outside your front door, you will soon find people in Oregon love the outdoors. Try hiking in a local forest or kayaking with friends.
Downtown Corvallis, a 15-minute walk from Oregon State University, hosts festivals throughout the year and a fantastic Farmer’s Market every Wednesday and Saturday. Come to get regional specialties like marionberries and fresh salmon.
Our town is bike-friendly, filled with quiet, tree-line roads and colorful houses. Get around by bike, take the free bus line or walk around and enjoy a quiet afternoon.
Dedicated support while you study
Your success at Oregon State University is important to us, and we're here to help you every step of the way., from the moment you land in Oregon to when you walk across the stage at graduation. Whether you need help to fill out your visa paperwork or register for classes, there will be someone to assist you along the way.
Already earned credits from another college or university? OSU’s Undergraduate Transfer Program (UTP) vastly improves the transfer process, making sure you are fast-tracked toward graduation, no matter what degree you choose, with seamless credit transfer, personal advising and arrival support from the moment your airplane lands.
Learn about INTO success stories. Meet our alumni
Staying on-campus takes the stress out of day-to-day living to give you more time to focus on your studies. If you choose to live on campus, you’ll likely make your first friends in the residence halls.
Benefits of the residence hall include:
- free laundry facilities.
- a meal plan, included with all on-campus housing packages.
- shared lounges.
- kitchen areas.
- close proximity to your classes, the library, recreation center and countless other facilities.
Our residence hall staff includes:
- a full-time resident director.
- support staff for each hall dedicated to student success.
- live-in student staff.
- free, accessible tutoring.