Queen’s University Belfast: an affordable, top-ranked education
Get ready to start something amazing at Queen’s University Belfast – one of the UK’s leading universities, with the lowest cost of living for students. Known for its history, research and world-class education, Queen’s is based in the exciting capital city of Belfast – an incredible place to live, learn and grow.
Why choose Queen’s University Belfast?
- Russell Group status – this prestigious University has been recognised as one of the UK’s 24 elite research-intensive institutions
- Cutting edge facilities – Queen’s is currently undergoing a £700 million development, spending £350 million on improving facilities so far
- Cost-effective learning – generous scholarships are available for international students, and Belfast is one of the UK’s most affordable student cities
What are my course options?
Where will I study my preparation course?
During your INTO programme, you’ll study at the INTO Queen’s Study Centre – located on the University’s inspiring campus. You’ll benefit from excellent facilities, a dedicated support team and university-style teaching to prepare you for university.Explore the INTO centre
What’s life like in Belfast for students?
Queen’s University is based in Belfast – a modern capital city known for its friendly locals, historic culture and buzzing social scene. Belfast is safe, compact and easy to explore – so it’s perfect for international students. You can take advantage of:
- A variety of attractions and landmarks, including the Titanic Museum, Belfast City Hall and the Giant’s Causeway
- Botanic Avenue, where you’ll find excellent restaurants serving tasty food from every corner of the globe
- Global businesses with excellent career opportunities, such as Bombardier Inc., Almac and PricewaterhouseCoopers
From Saudi Arabia to Belfast: my first month abroad
Read more >
How will INTO Queen’s support me?
As soon as you arrive at INTO Queen’s, our friendly support staff will be on-hand to help you adjust to life in Belfast. Our services include:
- a social induction week where you’ll get to know your classmates
- help registering with a bank, doctor and dentist
- one-on-one support from the University’s Progression Officer
- a 24-hour emergency telephone number
Where will I live at Queen’s University Belfast?
You will have a choice of living options at INTO Queen’s, each located within easy reach of the Study Centre:
- Elms BT1, BT2 & BT9 – a modern, village-style residence with an ensuite bathroom and shared kitchen facilities.
- Willow Walk – a private double bedroom where you’ll share a kitchen and bathroom with other students.