Queen’s University Belfast: an exceptional and affordable education at a top-ranked Russell Group university
Get ready to start something amazing at Queen’s University Belfast – one of the UK’s leading universities, known for its history, research and world-class education.
Queen’s University Belfast is based in Northern Ireland's cosmopolitan capital, Belfast – an incredible place to live, learn and grow. Belfast has two airports with regular national and international flights, and offers students the Lowest cost of living in the UK (Mercer Cost of Living City Ranking 2021).
Why choose Queen’s University Belfast?
- Rankings, heritage and reputation – This prestigious university is part of the UK’s elite Russell Group of 24 research-intensive institutions. Queen’s is joint 1st in the UK for research intensity with 24 subjects in the UK top 20 and 13 subjects in the top 10 (The Complete University Guide 2023).
- Prioritizing your employability – Ranked 11th in the UK for career prospects (The Guardian University Guide 2021) and 170th in the world for graduate prospects (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022).
- Investing in your future – Queen’s is currently undergoing a £700 million development, spending £350 million on improving facilities so far. In addition, we are offering generous scholarships to our students both for INTO Queen’s programs and when you progress to the university.
What are my course options?
Where will I study my preparation course?
During your INTO program, you’ll study at the INTO Queen’s Study Center – located on the university’s inspiring campus. You’ll benefit from excellent facilities, a dedicated support team and university-style teaching to prepare you for university.
What’s life like in Belfast for students?
Queen’s University is based in Belfast – a modern capital city known for its friendly locals, historic culture and buzzing social scene. Belfast is safe, compact and easy to explore – so it’s perfect for international students. You can take advantage of:
- A variety of attractions and landmarks, including the Titanic Museum, Belfast City Hall and the Giant’s Causeway.
- Botanic Avenue, where you’ll find excellent restaurants serving tasty food from across the world.
- Global businesses with excellent career opportunities, such as Bombardier Inc., Almac and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Flying to the UK during the global pandemic: Yifan’s story
Read more >
How will INTO Queen’s support me?
As soon as you arrive at INTO Queen’s University, our friendly support staff will be on-hand to help you adjust to life in Belfast. Our services include:
- a social induction week where you’ll get to know your classmates
- help registering with a bank, doctor and dentist
- one-on-one support from the university’s Progression Officer
- a 24-hour emergency telephone number.
Where will I live at Queen’s University Belfast?
You'll have a choice of living options at INTO Queen’s University, each located within easy reach of the Study Center:
- Elms BT1, BT2 & BT9 – a modern, village-style residence with an ensuite bathroom and shared kitchen facilities.
- Willow Walk – a private double bedroom where you’ll share a kitchen and bathroom with other students.