Student support at INTO Queen’s University Belfast
Moving to Belfast to study is an exciting opportunity – but you’ll probably have a few questions once you get here. Whether you need help planning a trip to the Giant’s Causeway, understanding your timetable or opening a bank account, there’s someone at the INTO Centre to offer advice.
Once you progress to your degree, the International Student Support team at Queen’s University will look after you. They’ll offer support and guidance to help you settle in to life at university.
What will happen during my first week at INTO Queen’s?
In your first week at the Centre, we run an orientation programme where you’ll get to know your new classmates, teachers and support staff. Over the course of the week, we’ll:
- offer expert visa support
- help you register your details with the police
- show you how to open a bank account
- make sure you are registered with a doctor and dentist
- teach you about the British legal system
- organise exciting trips and activities around Belfast
We'll also provide you with a 24-hour emergency helpline telephone number, just in case you need us.
Where can I ask for help with my work?
The teachers at INTO Queen’s are friendly, knowledgeable and care about your success – so they’ll be more than happy to advise if you need any help. At the beginning of your course you’ll meet your Personal Tutor, who you can approach with any academic questions or personal issues throughout your time with INTO. They’ll help you settle in, will monitor your academic progress, and can refer you for additional support if you need it.More about our teachers
Who can help me if my English level is low?
If you have a lower level of English, or are struggling to communicate, our specialist Language Advisers are available to help you. There is also a dedicated Chinese Language Support Officer who provides extra support to Chinese-speaking students. If you need it, you’ll also have access to individual or group lessons, online support, revision sessions and one-to-one English teaching at an additional cost.
How will INTO Queen’s support me with day-to-day life?
At the INTO Queen’s University Belfast Study Centre, you’ll find our friendly Student Services team who will help you throughout your studies. You’ll have access to a range of excellent services, such as:
- visa workshops for help with renewing or extending your visa
- a 24-hour support from residential advisors in the accommodation
- a 24-hour emergency contact number
- a careers team who will help you find a part-time job
- a confidential counselling service
- language advisers who can translate for you
- helpful advice from Belfast locals
- additional support if you have a disability