Why study Engineering at Queen's University Belfast?
From Chemical to Aerospace and Mechanical to Product Design, Engineering at Queen's spans a huge range of specialisms – so however you plan to change the world, a Queen's degree will help you. You'll study at one of Queens' unique Engineering Schools, each of which contributes towards leading advances in science and technology with a real-world impact.
- World-class Engineering facilities including state-of-the-art laboratories, high-load capacity strength analysis equipment, flight simulator and automotive test cells.
- An impressive collection of alumni, including Maire O'Neill – winner of British Female Inventor of the Year 2007 and the 2014 Royal Academy of Engineering Silver Medal.
- Hands-on experience in real engineering environments with paid industry placements and work experience opportunities at companies including Jaguar-Land Rover, Bombardier, Shell, ExxonMobil and GSK.
- National competitions and practical activities to apply your knowledge - such as designing and manufacturing a radio-controlled aircraft for the Design-Build-Fly Project.
- Internationally-excellent research facilities such as the Northern Ireland Technology Centre, the Sustainable Energy Research Centre and the Queen's Advanced MicroEngineering Centre.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.