Why study sciences at SLU?
Sciences at SLU can take many forms. Nursing, nutrition, physical therapy, sustainability, biology, chemistry - these are all areas of the sciences that you can pursue at SLU.
- SLU's new Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building will host new teaching labs covering everything from health sciences to chemistry.
- Nutrition students can get started working in culinary food labs on campus.
- You can combine engineering with health sciences to study biomedical engineering.
- Sustainable practices are becoming more prominent in businesses. At SLU, you can begin getting involved in sustainability through what's happening inside the earth's core in geology to what's going on in our atmosphere in meteorology at the premiere geophysics department in the western hemisphere.
- STEM-designated science programs at SLU include bioinformatics and computational biology, biology, biostatistics, chemistry, health data science and neuroscience.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.