UAB ranks among the top 8% of universities worldwide (U.S. News & World Report 2023) and has been a Diversity Champion for five consecutive years. In addition to having some of the nation’s best funded research, UAB is also a top school for health care and health care research, with eight medicine specialities ranked in the US’ top 50 (U.S. News & World Report 2023, Best Hospitals Rankings).
Choose from a range of competitive programs in health, business, engineering, cybersecurity and much, much more. Change your world with a study abroad experience at UAB.
Why study at UAB?
UAB is your destination for health and innovation. Join a community of top researchers doing the work that will build our future. See some of our accomplishments below:
- 16 graduate programs ranked in the top 25 (U.S. News & World Report 2023)
- Ranked in the top 8% of universities worldwide (U.S. News & World Report 2023)
- #1 Emerging Entrepreneurship Program in the US (Excellence in Entrepreneurship Education Awards 2022)
- #64 Top Public Schools (US News & World Report 2023)
- 8 medicine specialties in the top 50 (U.S. News & World Report 2023)
Facilities on the UAB campus
For 50 years, UAB has been a pioneer in the world of education. See some of our campus highlights below:
- The Collat School of Business houses a state-of-the-art finance lab. You can help run the Green and Gold Fund, a student-managed investment portfolio with over $600,000 in assets.
- Facebook's donation of $250,000 to UAB led to creating the Cybersecurity Facebook Suite on campus. Here, you can polish your skills in tracking down spammers and hacking threats to graduate with a portfolio of projects in cybercrime solving.
- The Hill Student Center was built in 2016. It includes a food court, the UAB bookstore, a 250+ seat theater, and many lounge areas to study and relax with friends.
- UAB nursing students get in-depth exposure to clinical experiences and simulations in a brand-new $32 million, state-of-the-art facility.
- The new 231,000 square-foot Residence Hall (McMahon Hall) opened in the summer of 2021 to help meet the increased demand for on-campus housing.
- The Student Service Center is your stop for admissions, course registration, student accounting, parking, financial aid and student ID functions.
- TechConnect is our tech store, which will help you with any technology issues, advice or recommendations.