More about the INTO UAB Center
UAB partners with INTO to create a support system for international students. Here, you will enjoy all the benefits of campus life at UAB, meeting new friends and learning alongside American students. Our academic and cultural resources will help you adjust to life in the US while you develop your English skills and adjust to your new classes.
Students enrolled in an INTO program have access to all of the following services:
- Visa and immigration support
- Orientation program
- Trips and organized activities
- Academic advisors
- International Mentors program
- Culture Connections
- Community Partners
Click on the tabs to learn more.
INTO UAB students have access to campus facilities and learning resources. Highlights include:
- The INTO UAB Center has 14 classrooms, a student lounge and study areas.
- Campus recreation center was named No. 18 most amazing campus student recreation center by Best College Reviews 2021.
- The Mervyn H. Sterne Library was recently renovated with excellent research resources and tech-ready study areas.
- Computer labs are located throughout campus for you to use.
The INTO UAB Learning Resource Center is a vital part of your experience and is here to help you achieve success. We provide:
- Tutoring services
- Writing resources
- Mentoring sessions
- Academic workshops
We want you to have an amazing experience here at UAB. Here are some ways you can get involved with the campus and local community:
- Participate in INTO UAB student activities. Previous events have included a visit to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, a pumpkin-carving party during Halloween and an ice-skating trip, as well as Lunar New Year, Dia de los Muertos, Sankranti and Holi celebrations.
- Student Multicultural and Diversity Programs offer safe spaces for students of color and LGBTQ students. They run the International Mentors program to provide incoming students like you with valuable information about life at UAB and in the US.
- Check the UAB Student Involvement page by clicking here for upcoming events and campus-wide activities.
- We have over 380 student organizations. Learn more by clicking here.
- Participate in Community Partners, a program where students are introduced to a local American family for friendship and cultural exchange.
- Attend UAB athletic events, all of which are free to students.
- Take part in the Culture Connections program, a free language and cultural exchange program for UAB international students and scholars to meet with American English speakers for activities, language practice and friendship.