Birmingham has a great selection of stores for anything you will need during your study abroad experience. Some shopping highlights in the city include:
- The Summit - an upscale shopping complex with plenty of clothing stores, gourmet food options and a movie theater.
- Brookwood Village - a large mall with chain department stores and specialty shops like Target, Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) and Bath and Body Works.
- Old antique shops are all over Birmingham with fun collectibles and unique items.
- There are specialty supermarkets in town if you are looking to make something from home, like Hometown Supermarket, the largest Asian market in Birmingham.
- Two other specialty supermarkets include the African International Market and Mi Pueblo for Latin food.