Graduate Pathway in Data Science
Our Graduate Pathway in Data Science will prepare you to enter your next semester of a master's degree program at The University of Alabama at Birmingham. After successfully completing the Pathway program, you are guaranteed to enter your next semester of study. This transition to university from an INTO program is called progression.
Degree Program Components
- 30 credit hour program
- 12 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 18 credit hours remaining toward degree
4-year bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; 2.5 undergraduate GPA; Previous coursework required: Introduction to Programming, Object-Oriented Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures, Calculus I, Calculus II
English Language Requirements
TOEFL 65, IELTS 5.5, PTEA 44, Completion of Academic English Level 4, Duolingo 95, TOEFL Essentials 7.0.
01 May 2024
14 August 2024
08 January 2025
07 May 2025
- A Pathway program provides academic, language and cultural support in order to succeed at a US university.
- Students are guaranteed progression to an undergraduate degree program through a curriculum consisting of credit-earning courses.
- Students will benefit from fully integrated classes with both domestic and other international students on campus while learning from highly trained university instructors and tutors.