Student support at UAB
Student support at UAB comes from both INTO and many services available on campus. They include
- The International Student and Scholar Services works with INTO UAB to provide visa and immigration support.
- Language advisors at the INTO UAB Center are here to support your goal of learning and communicating effectively in English.
- The Learning Resource Center offers group tutoring, one-on-one tutoring and academic workshops.
The staff and faculty at UAB and the INTO UAB Center understand what it's like to study abroad. Their understanding of the international student experience means one thing for you: personalized academic support throughout your degree program. Turn to your staff and faculty for help with everything from homework help to research opportunities to which internship you should take next year. Meet the faculty who will help you shape your future.
Support on campus
At UAB, you will receive personalized academic support throughout your degree program. Our services include:
- INTO UAB staff - Have a question? We are here to answer them! If we don't know, we will put you in touch with the right person to solve it.
- Academic advisors - They will support you in choosing the correct classes for your customized degree plan.
- The Learning Resource Center is a free tutoring service for INTO students to help with challenging classes.
- UAB Campus Recreation Center - One of the best in the US. Get away from your studies by going for a workout or playing sports with friends.
- Career Services - A dedicated department at UAB that helps with internship placement, organizing career fairs, creating a resume, giving personalized career advice and practicing for job interviews.
Your life at INTO
The Office of Student Affairs oversees almost all services you will be using on campus. These services include:
- Student Multicultural and Diversity Programs is a safe space where students of color, LGBTQ members and international students can share their experiences and promote diversity. They run the International Mentors program
- Student Conduct and Outreach
- Finance and Administration
- Campus Dining
- Residence Life
- Disability Support Services and ADA Compliance - This department assists students with disabilities who need additional help or accommodation to complete their courses. To learn more, click here
- Title IX Office - This office investigates sex and gender-based discrimination claims brought by students. It includes but is not limited to claims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, or any other forms of related discrimination