UAB’s International Direct (ID) is designed for international undergraduate students who meet direct entry English requirements and would also benefit from additional academic support, during their first semester at UAB. International Direct provides the same support that all first-year undergraduate students as well as the cross-cultural support that help international first-year students succeed at a US university.
International Direct entry requirements
1-Semester International Direct
- High school diploma
- Minimum GPA equivalent: 2.5-2.74
English language requirements:
- TOEFL iBT 77
- TOEFL Essentials 8.5
- IELTS 6.0
- Duolingo 120
- Academic English: Level 5
Entry requirements are subject to change and may vary by program.
Why study International Direct?
- Graduate on time. Every course you take counts towards meeting graduation or degree program requirements.
- Study abroad with confidence. International Direct includes additional resources for international students like visa interview preparation, pre-arrival support, airport transportation and more.
- You will receive a degree-seeking I-20.
- You will have the same access to all the academic support and resources provided to all undergraduate students. You will also receive additional advising and support designed for international student success at a US university.