Welcome to INTO Manchester in partnership with The University of Manchester: don't just learn, discover
Prepare to study at one of the most respected institutions in the world: The University of Manchester. A member of the prestigious Russell Group, The University of Manchester is recognised globally for its high-quality research and academic achievements dating back almost 200 years.
Why choose The University of Manchester?
With a reputation as one of the top universities worldwide, The University of Manchester is a popular choice for international students. Here's why.
- Pioneering innovation – with 25 Nobel Prize winners among former staff and alumni, you'll be joining almost 500,000 talented alumni working across 190 countries
- Educational excellence – The University of Manchester, ranking =27th in the world and 6th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2022), is consistently in the top 30 in the world rankings.
- Employable graduates – as the number one targeted university by top employers in the UK (High Fliers Research 2020), The University of Manchester is perfect for international students looking to boost their employability skills and get career ready.
What's it like to study at the INTO Manchester Centre?
Want to study in Manchester? The INTO Manchester Centre offers a range of excellent facilities for learning and studying. It’s also located in the city centre, so you’ll never be far from a variety of shops and cafés if you need a study break!
What's life like in Manchester for students?
Discover an eclectic mix of music, shopping, sport, and a buzzing social scene, guaranteeing you an exciting student life in Manchester! Get ready to explore one of the most exciting cities in the world (Time Out Index 2019), bursting with cultural events and authentic international cuisine.
- visit famous football grounds Old Trafford and the Etihad Stadium
- head to the UK's second largest Chinatown, or visit Wilmslow Road's famous stretch of Indian and Middle-Eastern restaurants
- shop for the latest designer brands at the Arndale Centre or Trafford Centre
Alumni stories: Abdulrahim’s engineering journey
Read more >
How will INTO Manchester support me?
Studying in another country can be a big adjustment, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. From helping you set up a bank account and renewing your visa to support with your university applications, you name it, we can help! Other support services offered when you study in the UK with INTO Manchester include:
- a handy airport pick-up service
- an orientation week to get you settled
- help registering with a doctor and dentist
- on-site residential ambassadors for extra safety and support
- personal, dedicated university placement service
If your parents have any questions about studying abroad, they'll find all the answers they need on our Parents' page.
Where will I live?
Just a short walk from the INTO Center, your accommodation has a central location which means you’ll be close to Manchester’s many restaurants, cafés and shops. You’ll live as part of a vibrant student community in an en suite student residence, with staff available 24/7 to offer support.