The University of Western Australia: Be part of something bigger
Stand out from the crowd with a degree from The University of Western Australia (UWA). With an outstanding international reputation and a global community shaping the future, UWA will unleash your true potential in and out of the classroom.
Based in sunny Perth, The University of Western Australia's scenic campus provides a welcoming learning environment. Be part of an experience-rich education that helps you build special connections for life.
Why choose The University of Western Australia?
- Globally ranked - UWA is a global top 100 university (QS World University Rankings 2022).
- Group of Eight - Part of the elite Group of Eight (Go8) universities that lead the way in research and teaching excellence.
- A career launchpad - 1st in Western Australia for employability (QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2020), with more than 4,500 global industry partnerships.
- Award-winning teachers - 5 stars for teaching quality (Good Universities Guide 2021).
- Quality student lifestyle - With a better cost of living than other major Australian cities (Worldwide Cost of Living Survey 2019, Economist Intelligence Unit), Perth is one of the world's most liveable cities!
Where will I study at the University?
UWA's vibrant Perth campus has beautiful gardens, historical architecture, amazing facilities and a friendly student community. You'll study at UWA College in the heart of campus, accessing modern study spaces, a dedicated support team, and more.
What's student life like in Perth?
With a reputation as the sunniest Australian capital city, Perth is known for its easy-going outdoor lifestyle. From laid-back beach vibes to buzzing boutiques, it's perfect for a balanced lifestyle.
As the 6th most liveable city in the world (Economist Intelligence Unit Global Liveability Index 2021) you'll quickly discover why it's an ideal destination for living and studying.
- Australia's gateway to Asia - Perth's unique location means it's the closest major Australian capital to Asia and shares the same time zone as 60% of the world's population. Which makes it great for global business or just calling home!
- Affordable student living - with a cost of living cheaper than Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, you get all the perks of studying in Australia for less (Worldwide Cost of Living Survey 2019, Economist Intelligence Unit).
- A city of opportunity - one of Australia's economic powerhouses, Perth's business boom is centred around Western Australia's vast natural resources. It's home to more than a third of all ASX-listed companies, meaning there's lots of career opportunities right on your doorstep.
8 unique features that make Perth the perfect international study destination
Read more >
How will UWA College support me?
From the moment you arrive, the Student Services team will be there to help with everything from your accommodation to your university application. Other services include:
- help opening a bank account and registering with a doctor
- extra support for students under the age of 18
- 24-hour telephone helpline for out-of-hours questions
Where will I live at UWA?
Choose from a wide range of student accommodation options at The University of Western Australia, from on-campus student living to Perth city apartments. Whatever you’re looking for, we’ll help you to find the right student experience for you. Choose from:
- on-campus residential colleges – each with their own unique communities.
- Homestay – stay with a family, the perfect introduction to life in Australia.
- Perth city student accommodation – modern apartments located in Northbridge, right in the heart of the city’s cultural hub.
- UWA off-campus living – if you prefer a more independent lifestyle, choose to live close by in university-managed properties or a homestay experience.
CRICOS Code: 00126G
TESQA Provider Identification: PRV12169, Australian University