Diploma in Science
Develop the skills you need to study a degree related to the sciences at The University of Western Australia (UWA). Designed in collaboration with UWA, the UWA College Diploma in Science provides the academic and English support to help you succeed.
Progress to Year 2 of UWA's Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Biomedical Science, completing your degree in the standard number of years.
Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent.
English Language Requirements
IELTS overall 5.5 (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.
05 February 2024
04 June 2024
30 September 2024
03 February 2025
09 June 2025
06 October 2025
- Progress to UWA, ranked in the world top 50 for Earth and Marine Sciences; the world top 100 for Environmental Sciences, and Life Sciences and Medicine; and the world top 150 for Biological Sciences, and Pharmacy and Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023).
- Develop essential academic skills across scientific communication, data analysis, and research methods through exploring cutting-edge scientific concepts and technologies.
- Choose from a wide range of science-related subjects, including anatomy and physiology, chemistry, mathematics and more, to further align your studies with their career aspirations.
- Units in 'Academic Conduct Essentials' and 'Indigenous Studies Essentials' prepare you for study at UWA.
- Students who pass the program will be awarded the Diploma of Science with 48 transferable credits to UWA.
- Units are based on existing UWA level 1 units, providing the best preparation for entry to second year of study at UWA.