International Foundation in Physical Sciences and Engineering
Prepare for entry to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree in range of subjects, including engineering, environmental science, chemistry, physics, computing and mathematics at the University of East Anglia (UEA). Benefit from UEA’s strong industry links and partnerships with companies such as Aviva, Claxton Engineering and Shell UK.
This program will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to study science or engineering at university. Group projects will hone your problem solving, teamwork and communication skills, while university-style laboratory practicals and fieldwork will bring physics and chemistry to life. You'll also gain a grounding in computer programming and develop your data analysis skills in a final project.
Completion of 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades.
English Language Requirements
IELTS 4.5 overall (with a minimum of 4.5 in Writing and Reading and no less than 4.0 in other subskills) or equivalent. IELTS 5.5 minimum overall with minimum of 5.5 in all subskills for students aiming to progress to Nursing, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy. IELTS 5.5 minimum overall with minimum of 5.0 in all subskills for students aiming to progress to Pharmacy. IELTS 6.0 minimum overall with minimum of 6.0 in all subskills for students aiming to progress to Speech and Language Therapy.
02 October 2023
08 January 2024
01 July 2024
23 September 2024
30 September 2024
06 January 2025
30 June 2025
- Develop problem solving skills and use maths to solve real-life problems. Gain hands-on experience through laboratory practicals, site visits and fieldwork.
- Develop key soft skills such as teamwork, communication and project planning for future careers through group projects.
- Progress to UEA – a top UK university with strong industry links and partnerships with companies such as Aviva, Claxton Engineering and Shell UK.
- UEA's engineering courses are supported by industrial links with energy companies, allowing students to meet employers, secure placements and visit major engineering sites. Many degrees available with an optional year in industry.
- UEA is 4th in the UK for research quality in Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences (Research Excellence Framework 2021).
- Option to undertake research projects at the Norwich Research Park, Quadram Institute, John Innes Centre, Earlham Institute and Biomedical Research Centre when you progress to your degree.