International Foundation in Mathematics and Actuarial Sciences
Prepare for entry to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree in a range of numerical subjects, including actuarial science, finance, economics, accounting and mathematics at the University of East Anglia (UEA).
Develop problem solving and programming skills and complete a research project where you can put your data analysis skills into practice. Progress to UEA’s Schools of Mathematics, Computing, Economics or Norwich Business School, where you can select from accredited accounting and actuarial science degrees and benefit from strong industry links such as Aviva.
English Language Requirements
01 July 2024
23 September 2024
30 September 2024
06 January 2025
30 June 2025
- Develop problem solving skills and use maths to solve real-life problems.
- Practical classes, field trips and an independent research project give students plenty of opportunities to collect their own data and put their data analysis skills into practice.
- Develop key soft skills such as teamwork, communication and project planning for future careers through group projects.
- Progress to UEA – a UK top 15 university for Accounting and Finance (Guardian University Guide 2023).
- Receive expert teaching by practicing actuaries from Aviva and academics across UEA Schools (Economics, Maths and Computing Sciences) during your degree.
- Many degrees are available with an optional year in industry, with BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science providing six exemptions from Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) professional examinations.