Pre-Master's in Business, Economics and Social Sciences
English Language Requirements
IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum 5.0 in all subskills) or equivalent
"*Please note that to progress to the Master’s courses below these higher requirements apply:
- MA Mathematics Education
- MA Second Language Education
- MSc Education Leadership and Management
- MA Education: Learning Pedagogy and Assessment
3-term: IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum 5.0 in all subskills) or equivalent
All applications for onward progression to these four courses must be referred to the Centre.
The Graduate Diploma commences with a pre-sessional English course. All students will need to successfully pass this first term to progress to term two to include reaching the equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in English language. This is particularly important for any student starting the course with less than B2 level English.
08 April 2024
23 September 2024
06 January 2025
07 April 2025
- Develop the self-organization and study skills needed to undertake postgraduate studies, as well as an understanding of basic theories, perspectives and concepts in your chosen discipline.
- Communicate confidently in written and spoken form to demonstrate relevant knowledge and understanding of basic academic concepts and theories. Develop teamwork and negotiation skills to confidently present information verbally.
- Demonstrate analytical skills through the application of key principles and evidence-based discussion capabilities.
- Progress to a postgraduate degree at UEA's Faculty of Social Sciences, including Norwich Business School – a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- UEA is UK top 15 for Accounting and Finance (Guardian University Guide 2023), top 20 for Marketing (The Complete University Guide 2024) and top 30 for Business and Management Studies (The Complete University Guide 2024).
- Master's graduates have gone on to work for Aviva, Bank of England, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Google, JP Morgan, Omnicon Group, PwC, Unilever, Virgin Atlantic and many other national and international companies.