The University of Exeter: making the exceptional happen
Exeter has an international reputation for outstanding teaching, research and graduate employability prospects. This prestigious institution consistently features among the world’s finest universities in global rankings – as well as dominating the UK rankings – making it one of the best choices for a first-class education in the UK.
Why choose the University of Exeter?
- Excellent reputation for many subjects – the University of Exeter has 23 subjects in the UK top 10 (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- Prioritising your employability – benefit from outstanding careers services and employability initiatives, with 100% of undergraduate progression degrees at the Business School and 64% across all colleges offering an option with industrial work experience
- A truly international university – you will join a diverse community of more than 23,500 students from 130 countries
Where will I study at the University?
You will study at the INTO Centre on the Streatham Campus during your INTO programme. You'll benefit from a central location on campus, university-style teaching and great facilities to prepare you for degree study.
What's life like in Exeter for students?
The University of Exeter is located in the historic city of Exeter in the UK. There is a large student population here, as well as a friendly local community and lots of fun things to do, making this energetic riverside city ideal for student life. You'll be able to take advantage of:
- restaurants offering a variety of international foods, from Chinese, Japanese and Thai to Indian, Mexican and Italian
- unique multi-cultural festivals that celebrate international food, live music, theatre, the arts and more
- a gothic cathedral, Roman ruins and cobbled streets in the city centre, plus easy travel to beaches from each campus
Women in STEM: Deema's coding bootcamp for girls
Read more >
How will INTO Exeter support me?
From the moment you arrive, the Student Services team in the INTO Centre will help you find your way around and adjust to life in Exeter. Services include:
- an optional pick-up service from the airport
- a Welcome Week to introduce you to your classmates
- help opening a bank account and registering with a doctor
- extra support for students under the age of 18
- a 24-hour telephone helpline for out-of-hours questions
If your parents have any questions about studying abroad, they'll find all the answers they need on our Parents' page.
Where will I live at the University of Exeter?
You will have a choice of living options at INTO University of Exeter, located on the University’s Streatham Campus:
- INTO accommodation – a private single bedroom with access to either shared or private kitchen facilities and shower facilities, depending on the type of accommodation you choose
- Homestay – a private bedroom in a local host’s home in Exeter
- Private student accommodation – options in and around Exeter