Is Exeter a good choice for international students?
Part of the UK’s elite Russell Group of research-intensive universities, Exeter is globally recognised as a prestigious higher education institution of outstanding quality. With a diverse student community and a commitment to delivering an internationally excellent teaching and learning environment, students at Exeter graduate with the confidence to take on the world – and you could too.
Why study at the University of Exeter?
The University of Exeter suits students who have a passion to succeed and want diverse career options. You'll join thousands of international students at a historic institution that's internationally recognised for the quality of its teaching and research.
- World top 150 university (Times Higher Education World University 2022).
- Part of the prestigious Russell Group – recognized as one of the UK's 24 elite research-intensive universities.
- Ranked in the UK top 20 for world-leading research (Research Excellence Framework 2021).
- Triple-accredited business school, one of a few in the world to hold this status (EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA).
How will the university boost my employability prospects?
Progress from one of our pathway programs to the University of Exeter, and you'll join a historic institution with a reputation for graduate employability.
- The University maintains strong relationships with global firms and is among the top 15 UK higher education institutions targeted by top employers (High Fliers Research 2022).
- Degrees here help you gain the skills needed to compete in the global job market, with 95% of students undertaking work experience.
- 92% of graduates in or due to start employment or further study 15 months after graduation (HESA Graduate Outcomes Survey 2019/20).
Offering more than a dozen employability initiatives and expert ongoing support, the University of Exeter is the perfect place to kickstart your career. You'll benefit from:
- a top 10 UK university careers service (StudentCrowd 2021)
- links to the Career Development Institute to enhance your career skills
- dedicated hub to support activities which help you develop entrepreneurship skills
- close links with hundreds of international, national and regional employers
- regular events to prepare you to compete and stand out in the job market
- opportunities to gain valuable work experience in industry in the UK and abroad
- The Exeter Award – an extracurricular employability achievement award that can boost your employability prospects.
Exeter graduates have gone on to work for:
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
Will I fit into the student community on campus?
With more than 25,000 students from 140 countries, Exeter us a truly international university. The university’s campuses offer a safe, convenient and diverse community where you will find a warm welcome and a lot going on.
The Streatham Campus, where you will initially be based during your INTO program, is considered one of the most beautiful in the UK, with gardens, lakes and parkland throughout. The historic Exeter city center is just a 15-minute walk from campus, so you can easily enjoy the restaurants, shops and cultural activities on offer.