What can I expect from the University of Exeter campus?
You’ll be based on the Streatham Campus during your INTO programme. Surrounded by beautiful parkland and home to cutting-edge facilities, this inspirational campus is the ideal environment to live and study in. You’ll experience the best of student life here.
The Streatham Campus is a registered botanical garden filled with specialist plant collections, so you’ll find plenty of pretty, quiet and peaceful spaces to study. INTO Exeter students also have access to many of the University’s facilities, such as the Forum, the Sports Park, Northcott Theatre, the Bill Douglas Cinema Museum and the Multi-faith Chaplaincy.
What will I find at the Students’ Guild on campus?
As an INTO student at the University of Exeter, you’ll automatically become a member of the Students’ Guild. Enjoy great facilities run by students on campus, such as:
- 250+ societies – from anime, gaming and international societies to the Global Chums mentoring scheme
- Food outlets – including Comida, Italiano Pizza, Pieminister, The Grove and the Guild Shop
- Lemon Grove – student nights for Exeter students, live bands and events for clubs and societies
- Ram Bar – the campus’ local pub that hosts quiz nights, karaoke and shows live sport on six screens
- Advice Service – offers help with any academic, accommodation, financial and personal issues
What sports facilities does Exeter have?
Named The Times and The Sunday Times’ Sports University of the Year in 2016, Exeter is famous for its sporting facilities, athletic achievements and sport-related academic programmes. You’ll find a wide range of facilities here, including:
- fitness centre with 200 stations
- four floodlit Astroturf pitches
- four squash and racquetball courts
- sports hall for badminton, volleyball, basketball and football
- £2 million indoor cricket centre
- £3 million tennis centre with 10 indoor courts
- golf centre with pro-tour standard practice green
- outdoor swimming pool at Streatham and indoor pool at St Luke’s
There are more than 50 sports clubs to join, including archery, badminton, cricket, sailing, swimming and volleyball.
Is there a religious community on the University of Exeter campus?
Exeter’s multi-faith chaplaincy offers a range of amenities for both personal and group worship and is open to anyone. The chaplaincy helps people discover and express a variety of beliefs, including:
The chaplaincy covers both the Streatham and St Luke’s campuses, and is available to everyone day or night. If you find that your faith is not represented by the University, we'll help direct you to religious groups in the wider community.
What food will I find on the University of Exeter campus?
The University of Exeter offers a variety of venues for eating and drinking, providing you with the perfect place to catch up with friends or relax between lectures. Popular eateries include:
- Comida – Mexican meals, including burritos and tortilla wraps
- La Touche Café – changing international dishes, from Caribbean to Italian
- Pieminister – classic British pies, mashed potatoes, peas and gravy
- Terrace Restaurant – signature brand, Flavour by Nature, salads and more
- The Grove – American diner serving burgers and other classic US dishes
Exeter city centre has a large variety of international restaurants to enjoy. Find out about your food options in Exeter here.