At the beginning of your course you will be told who your Personal Tutor is, and you will meet them in your first week.
Your Personal Tutor will:
- meet with you for tutorials throughout the year
- help you to settle into the academic community
- communicate your academic progress and provide you with guidance
- be available to meet during set office/tutorial hours or by appointment
- refer you to appropriate sources of academic and/or welfare support when required
Language and other support
Language advisers are available in the Centre to help students with a low level of English to communicate.
There is also a Chinese Language Support Officer (CLSO) who is dedicated to providing language support to Chinese students.
Other support on offer includes:
- extra one-to-one and group academic lessons
- a weekly helpdesk session where you can ask questions and get academic support following lectures and seminars
- online support
- revision sessions
- one-to-one teaching (at an additional cost)