University of Stirling: be the difference
Dedicated to providing its students with lifelong employability skills, the University of Stirling (UK) won’t just help you succeed academically – it will also prepare you for your future career. With 20% of students from overseas, Stirling welcomes the world to its international academic community – and you will have a home on this breath-taking campus too.
Why choose the University of Stirling?
Want to study in the UK? Thinking of applying for university in Scotland? Here’s why the University of Stirling is one of the country’s top choices.
- Committed to employability – degrees here are designed to help you build the skills that you will need to develop a clear career path and put you on track for future success.
- An ideal location – make the most of what central Scotland has to offer with quick transport links to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Enjoy visiting two of the country’s largest cities for weekend adventures and networking opportunities with global companies.
- Flexible learning options – progress to the University of Stirling, ranking top 30 in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2021) and renowned for its world-class facilities and excellence across sports education and research. Alternatively, go on to study at other top universities in Scotland.
What are my course options at INTO Stirling?
Where will I study at the University of Stirling?
You’ll study at the INTO Centre on Stirling’s idyllic 330-acre campus, centred around a picture-perfect loch. You’ll quickly settle into your studies in this supportive international environment, equipped with modern learning facilities and social spaces.Explore the INTO centre
What's life like in Stirling for students?
Located in central Scotland, the vibrant and welcoming city of Stirling is the most affordable student city in the UK (UNiDAYS 2018) and the safest city in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2020). The University of Stirling is only a 10-minute bus ride to the city centre, where you will find:
- a great selection of coffee shops, pubs and international cuisine, such as the very popular Asian fusion restaurant ‘Bite East’
- plenty of entertainment options, including a 10-pin bowling alley, a multiplex cinema, an escape room and live music venues
- historic sites, such as Old Town and Stirling Castle, to see medieval buildings and spectacular Scottish scenery
7 reasons why studying in Scotland is amazing
Read more >
How will INTO Stirling support me?
You will be supported from the moment you arrive at the INTO Centre. Our Student Services team will help you settle into life in Stirling, offering the following services:
- orientation week with events to help you make friends
- help opening a bank account and registering with a doctor
- expert visa and immigration guidance
- extra support for students under the age of 18
- dedicated one-to-one support with your university application
If your parents have any questions about studying abroad, they'll find all the answers they need on our Parents' page.How we'll support you
Where will I live at the University of Stirling?
You will live in on-campus accommodation at the University of Stirling, located on the other side of the loch to your classes in a dedicated area for student residences. Just a five-minute walk from the INTO Centre, you will have:
- a private bedroom with private shower facilities
- a shared kitchen and living room
- laundry facilities just a two-minute walk from your accommodation
- free membership to the Sports Centre at the University of Stirling, Scotland’s University for Sporting Excellence, for INTO Stirling students