Is Stirling a good choice for international students?
Future-proof your career at the University of Stirling. Build the skills you need for future success. Learn from leading academics and gain the industry knowledge needed to make an impact in your field. Develop crucial career management skills as you study. Stirling graduates stand out. Will you join them?
How will the University prepare me for my career?
The University of Stirling's Careers and Employability Service is world leading. In fact, Stirling is ranked within the top 5 in the UK and the top 15 in the world for careers services (UK and Global International Student Barometer Benchmark 2018). You’ll benefit from:
- alumni mentoring scheme
- help finding internships, volunteering and jobs
- advice when planning your career route
- CV writing, job application and interview guidance
- careers fairs to meet employers
- free access to the GoinGlobal online jobs platform
- events on specialist subject areas such as employment and disability
- My Stirling Award – designed to recognise your extracurricular activities and achievements.
Stirling has an excellent track record of graduate employment. 93% of undergraduates are in employment or further study within 15 months of graduation (HESA Graduate Outcomes Survey 2021). Graduates have gone on to work for:
- Deloitte UK
- Ernst and Young
- JP Morgan
Where is Stirling located?
The University's picturesque 330-acre campus is centered around a large loch and is home to the magnificent 18th-century Airthrey Castle. There's plenty to see and do in Stirling, with students accounting for 20% of its residents. And its location in the central belt of Scotland makes Stirling the the ideal base for an adventure.
Travel around Scotland – one of the world’s friendliest countries (Rough Guides ‘World’s Friendliest Countries’ 2021) – with ease. Be within reach of top European cities. Stirling has quick rail links to the country's largest and most lively cities, including:
Glasgow – Scotland’s biggest city:
- One of the world’s top 30 student cities (QS Best Student Cities 2022)
- Friendliest city in the world (Rough Guides 2021)
Edinburgh – Scotland’s capital city:
- One of the world’s top 15 student cities (QS Best Student Cities 2022)
- Home to the world's largest arts and comedy festival, the Edinburgh Fringe
Where can I study after my INTO Stirling program?
There’s nowhere quite like Scotland. Discover rugged Highlands, buzzing cities, and a country that’s renowned for its academic excellence. With our flexible International Foundation and Graduate Diploma programs, you’ll choose your degree while you’re studying your pathway.
Take your pick of leading Scottish universities, with guaranteed progression to Stirling, Dundee and Strathclyde. Explore hundreds of degree options, from business and data science to engineering and sports science.
INTO University of Stirling is the best value route to a Scottish degree. Where will you study?