What can I expect from Stirling’s university campus?
The picturesque 330-acre University of Stirling campus is centred around a large loch and is home to the magnificent 18th-century Airthrey Castle. The campus is so loved by students that it has been ranked 1st in the UK and 5th in the world for the campus environment (UK and Global International Student Barometer Benchmark 2018). There’s no university campus quite like it.
Explore Campus Central – a £21.7 million social and learning space with enhanced retail and catering on campus. Or go to the £20 million Sports Centre to use the state-of-the-art fitness suite and sports facilities. You'll have free membersip for the duration of your time at INTO Stirling!
What will I find at the Students’ Union on campus?
With the motto "making students' lives better", the University of Stirling Students' Union represents all students at the university to ensure you have the best possible university experience. Student-run facilities and initiatives include:
- Campaigning – make a difference in the student community
- 70+ clubs and societies – including anime, gaming, acting, paintballing and international societies
- Studio – watch live sport, take part in a pub quiz or sing your favourite songs at karaoke with friends
- Underground – get your coffee fix while you study or sit back and relax in a comfortable booth
- Venue – enjoy a drink from the juice bar in the day or a snack while watching live music in the evening
What sports facilities does Stirling have?
Stirling is 1st in Scotland and top 5 in the UK for sports facilities (UK and Global International Student Barometer Benchmark 2018). A £20 million redevelopment of the Sports Centre has created a state-of-the-art sporting environment. You’ll enjoy:
- a gym with strength and conditioning areas and a 100+ station fitness suite
- six indoor tennis courts, two squash courts and a multi-use sports hall.
- an Olympic-size 50m swimming pool
- a four-lane, 400m athletics track
- floodlit artificial pitches for hockey, football, rugby, lacrosse and other sports
Is there a religious community on Stirling’s university campus?
The University is home to students from a diverse mixture of cultures, faiths and backgrounds. Whatever your beliefs, everyone is welcome in the Faith Centre on campus. In this calm social space, you will find:
- space to pray and meditate with others or by yourself
- guitars and a piano available to play with your new friends
- a team of honorary chaplains for emotional and spiritual support
By the INTO Centre, you'll find the university labyrinth – a quiet, peaceful path that runs through the memorial gardens. Following the path allows you to reflect and unwind after a long day of studying.
What food will I find on Stirling’s university campus?
Moving to a different country allows you to experience a whole new world of food, but sometimes you want your favourites from home. There is a wide variety of places to eat on campus, including:
- Haldane’s Restaurant – themed meals each day, such as Asian Tuesday and mid-week Mexican
- Pathfoot Eatery – sandwiches, Indian street food and pasta with fresh sauces
- Refresh Bar and Bistro – cheap lunch deals, including burgers and hand-spun pizzas
- Umami – Asian curries, noodles, rice dishes and pho, located in the INTO Centre
- V-Go! At Haldane’s – a 100% vegan space that sells wraps, pastries, salads and soups
You will also find international restaurants to enjoy in the city centre. Find out about your food options in Stirling here.