International Foundation in Media, Humanities and Social Sciences
Prepare for direct entry to Year 2 of a four-year undergraduate degree at the University of Stirling. Progress to a wide range of subjects, from media, journalism and politics to sociology, psychology and sport studies.
Please note: students with a higher level of English may be eligible for an iCAS program. Combining your INTO Stirling preparation studies and University of Stirling degree into a single program, you'll require just one visa for your full duration of study. Explore undergraduate degrees here.
Completion of 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades.
English Language Requirements
IELTS 4.5 (with a minimum of 4.0 in any subskill) or equivalent.
08 January 2024
10 June 2024
30 September 2024
06 January 2025
16 June 2025
- Progress to the University of Stirling: UK top 5 (2nd in Scotland) for Communication and Media Studies and UK top 5 (3rd in Scotland) for Education (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023).
- Graduate career destinations include BBC Radio 1, Virgin Media, Penguin Books, Sky Group Limited, Morgan Stanley and the Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Graduates have won awards in a range of media specialisms – from BAFTA winners in investigative reporting, program production and scriptwriting to Emmy awards for visual effects production in film and TV.
- Observe the Scottish political and legal systems in action with field trips to courts and the Scottish Parliament.
- Benefit from learning in an environment that focuses on seminar-style teaching.
- Access the Macrobert Arts Centre, which offers opportunities including film and cultural festivals.