What student support does INTO Stirling offer?
The Student Services team at INTO University of Stirling will support you in every way during your studies. From renewing your visa and opening a bank account, to translation and settling into the local area. Our experienced staff are here to help you feel happy and comfortable.
What will happen when I arrive at INTO Stirling?
During your first week at the INTO Centre, you will take part in an orientation programme to introduce you to your new classmates and help you make some friends. We will show you around Stirling’s university campus, help you with essential processes like registering for your University library card and set challenges to help you find your way around.
How will the INTO Centre support me academically?
Our teachers understand your needs, and are dedicated to your success. At the beginning of your course you’ll be told who your Personal Tutor is, and you’ll meet with them in your first week.
You can approach them for help with any academic questions or personal issues at any time throughout your studies. They’ll help you settle in, monitor your academic progress, and can refer you to additional academic and welfare support if needed.
How will the INTO Centre support me with learning English?
Language advisers are available in the Centre to help students with a low level of English to communicate. Other language support services include extra individual and small group academic lessons, online support, revision sessions, and one-to-one teaching at an additional cost.
How will the INTO Centre support me with student life?
INTO's Student Services team are your first point of contact if you need any help during your time in the UK. You'll also have a 24-hour helpline telephone number if you need to get in touch with us outside of office hours. On campus, you will find:
- help finding a part-time job
- help with careers guidance for after you graduate
- wellbeing support from the chaplaincy team
- help and advise on renewing your visa during our visa workshops
- 24-hour support from residential advisors
- 24-hour emergency help contact number
- an airport pick-up service (at an additional fee)
- help opening a bank account
- help registering with a doctor
- help settling into the local area
- counselling services if you need to talk to someone
- language advisors that can translate for you
Need extra help settling into university life?
The University of Stirling has a 'STEER peer support' scheme that helps new students settle into university life. You can sign up as 'Crew' at any time during your first year, when you will be assigned a specially trained 'Captain'. They will:
- help you make the most of your time at the University
- make you aware of the opportunities on campus
- help you settle into life in Stirling
- provide guidance and support