Why study Computer Science at the University of Stirling?
Computer science courses at the University of Stirling are designed to firmly implant you into the core of the industry, helping you to develop strong professional skills through its network of connections.
- Professionally accredited programmes by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, meaning that you’ll graduate as a Chartered Information Technology Professional.
- Benefit from industrial placements, networking events and invaluable routes into employment through innovation centre The Data Lab.
- MSc Big Data was developed with global companies and expert data scientists, such as HSBC and Amazon who have nearby development centres and have previously provided student projects.
- Use technologies including Python, R, Hadoop, NoSQL and Machine Learning for Big Data, while modules from mobile app development to artificial intelligence focus on popular technological advances.
- Ideally located in the centre of the UK’s growing technology hub, attracting hundreds of startups and creating many opportunities.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.