Why study Computer Science at the University of Stirling?
Computer science courses at the University of Stirling are designed to firmly implant you into the core of the industry, helping you to develop strong professional skills through its network of connections.
- Professionally BSC accredited programmes by the Chartered Institute for IT, meaning that you’ll graduate as a Chartered Information Technology Professional.
- Strong links to industry through the Industrial Advisory Board (IAB), which has distinguished members including Adobe and IBM.
- MSc Big Data was developed with global companies and expert data scientists, such as HSBC and Amazon who have nearby development centres and have previously provided student projects.
- Utilise technologies including Python, R, Hadoop, NoSQL and Machine Learning for Big Data, and techniques such as machine learning, Python programming and computer vision for Artificial Intelligence.
- Recent graduates are now working at: Accenture, Google, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Reuters and Yammer.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.