Why choose the University of Stirling for Social Sciences?
The University of Stirling’s Faculty of Social Science has an excellent reputation for its research into important social issues, from the social responses to dementia to professional education, making a positive difference in the lives of our global community.
- 80% of education, social work and social policy research is world-leading or internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- BA/BSc (Hons) Psychology is accredited by the British Psychological Society.
- MSc Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) students have the opportunity to take a placement at a partner university in Germany or Hungary.
- BA (Hons) International Politics students have the opportunity to study politics at the University of Gothenburg for a semester.
- Journalism students will attend guest lectures from experts in industry, with respected British journalist and television presenter, Jon Snow, describing the University’s media department as “a breed apart”.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.