International Foundation in Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences
Prepare for entry to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree in pharmacy, health or life sciences at the University of East Anglia (UEA).
Gain an excellent grounding in biology, chemistry and mathematics and participate in interactive discussion-based classes to fully explore your future career options. University-style laboratory practicals and fieldwork will then bring the science to life.
You'll have the opportunity to pursue your own interests by completing a research project relevant to your future studies. You'll also develop your reflective writing in a personal development portfolio, which is essential in health and life sciences.
If you are aiming to progress to a degree in physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, midwifery or pharmacy, this program gives excellent preparation for university interview success. You'll learn about working in the NHS and explore key issues in healthcare through small group seminars and guest lectures from university academics and healthcare practitioners. Interview coaching and mock interviews will further maximize your chance to secure offers for these competitive degrees.
If you are aiming to progress to a degree in biological sciences, environmental science or chemistry, a place at UEA is guaranteed. UEA is part of Norwich Research Park – one of Europe's largest bioscience research hubs – with a wealth of opportunity for you to learn from the best and get involved in research at an early stage in your career.
English Language Requirements
01 July 2024
23 September 2024
30 September 2024
06 January 2025
30 June 2025
- Practical lessons in laboratories and fieldwork offer hands-on experience.
- Learn from guest speakers, including university academics, health practitioners and patients.
- Develop reflective skills through a personal development portfolio.
- Students aiming for competitive health courses learn about UK healthcare, NHS values and relevant health topics, helping them to succeed in university interviews. Experience mock interviews and training for MMIs (multiple mini interviews).
- UEA is 2nd in the UK for Physiotherapy (The Complete University Guide 2024) and top 15 for Pharmacology and Pharmacy (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023).
- Specialized Pharmacy, Health and Life Science teaching facilities include a dedicated SLT lab, anatomy suite, cutting-edge assistive technology NEAT suite, and an in-house pharmacy dispensary.