UAB in Birmingham, Alabama, is committed to revolutionary research and diversity among its staff and students. We have over $602 million in research expenditures and are designated a Tier One research university by the Carnegie Institute. Diversity on campus gives students global perspectives that add value to their educational experience and future career. International students like you contribute to that in a big way. You are encouraged to participate in fieldwork or groundbreaking research that will help you build a career-savvy resume.
We have the resources at our university to give you the tools to succeed in your degree. Our programs will push you to make an impact during your time at UAB and after you walk off the graduation stage.
- The Learning Resource Center
- A multi-faith prayer room
- Cozy common areas where you can study and hang out with friends.
UAB's campus is in the Southside neighborhood of Birmingham, right next to downtown. Here are some fun things to know:
- Historic American city - One of the birthplaces of the Civil Rights Movement
- A population of 1.2 million people
- One of 52 places to visit by The New York Times 2017
- Great parks like Railroad Park, Vulcan Park and Museum and Ruffner Mountain.
- Great eats and a vibrant cultural scene in downtown Birmingham - check out the Five Points South neighborhood next to campus.
Living on campus will put you in a central location. You will have access to:
- Downtown Birmingham has restaurants, museums and entertainment all within walking distance
- Walk to classes, the student center, or anything else you might need on campus
- 15+ on-campus dining locations