International Foundation Money-Back Guarantee
Once you've successfully completed your International Foundation – meeting the minimum attendance and achievement requirements and following the expert advice given by your INTO Progression Officer – we guarantee to find you a place to study an appropriate degree.
We're so confident that you'll enter a UK university after completing your International Foundation that if you don't, we'll refund all tuition fees received!
Please note: this money-back guarantee applies only to International Foundation programs.
What is an International Foundation?
- A guaranteed route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree*.
- Improve your English language skills.
- Increase your understanding of key academic subjects.
- Adjust to studying in the UK before your degree.
- Flexible online or on-campus study options.
- Access to university facilities**.
- INTO University of Stirling students will enter Year 2 of their 4-year Scottish degree. ** Excludes INTO London and INTO Manchester.
“My teachers explained anything I didn’t understand the first time. They found time for explanations and to give further information about the material as needed. All the subjects in my modules were new to me, so it give me a good base of knowledge for my future education.”
Anastasiia, Russia International Foundation in Business and Economics with Accounting, City, University of London
“The exceptional teachers at INTO care deeply about the academic development of their students. They are so invested in helping you succeed and are very supportive of your dreams and aspirations. The International Foundation really helped to prepare me for my university education."
Duuamene, Nigeria International Foundation in Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences, INTO UEA
"At INTO, I knew I’d be able to gain access to everything the University students had, such as the vast library and facilities, while also getting that one-to-one attention you get at INTO. It was the best way to start my university experience."
Sara, Bahrain International Foundation in Economics, Finance and Management, INTO University of Exeter
Progression to a top UK university
Every year, more than a thousand INTO students progress to a prestigious UK university. Here are some of the most popular destinations for our students:
- The University of Manchester – =28th in the world*
- Newcastle University – Top 125 in the world*
- University of Exeter – Top 170 in the world*
- Queen's University Belfast – Top 250 in the world*
- University of East Anglia – Top 200 in the world**
- QS World University Rankings 2023 ** Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
Terms and conditions
Who can apply for a refund?
The money-back guarantee applies only to students who have studied an International Foundation program at one of our UK Centres.
Students who do not receive an offer to study an undergraduate degree or equivalent International Year One program at a UK university may apply for a refund (“Refund Application”) if they meet all of the conditions below:
- enrolled on an International Foundation program
- completed all coursework, assignments and assessments to a minimum threshold
- achieved a minimum of 40% in all International Foundation examinations
- achieved a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- maintained a minimum 90% attendance record
- completed and submitted a UCAS application via the Centre, ensuring that university choices are in line with written guidance from the Progression Officer and are based on academic performance and tutor recommendation
- have not been offered a place at a UK university on a course appropriate to the student’s qualification, despite the student complying with the INTO staff advice with regard to their university application
- are eligible to study an undergraduate degree in the UK
What does the refund include?
If your Refund Application is approved and you satisfy all of the conditions listed above, INTO will refund all tuition fees paid for your International Foundation program within 60 days of receipt of all supporting documentation.
Tuition fees that were paid by debit or credit card will be refunded to the original card used for payment of the fees. If the payment was originally made in a foreign currency, this will be credited back to the original payee at the exchange rate at which the original payment was made.
Tuition fees that were paid by bank transfer will only be refunded to the original payee account. If the original payment was made in foreign currency, the refund will be made in pounds sterling. Proof of payment, such as a receipt or a bank statement showing payment from that account, must be produced for a refund to take place. Failure to do so may delay the refund or prevent it altogether.
The refund is for tuition fees only and excludes any ancillary costs such as accommodation, visa fees, living expenses, bank processing or credit card fees, insurance premiums, and any additional costs. Refunds may, to the extent permitted by law, also incur processing and credit card fees.
How do I apply for a refund?
If you would like to make a Refund Application, you may send us your application either by email to email@example.com or in writing by posting your application to the INTO Admissions Office, One Gloucester Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4AA.
You must include a copy of your UCAS offers with your Refund Application.