Why choose to study Computer Science at GCU?
GCU provides extensive industrial support throughout its computer science courses, from work placements with industry leaders to strong employment links to companies.
- GCU’s School of Computing, Engineering and Built Environment has a strong history of partnerships with professional bodies, including computing programmes and modules BCS accredited by the Chartered Institute for Information Technology.
- Benefit from opportunities to take a work placement, listen to guest lectures from leading industrial experts, attend industry events and receive IT mentoring.
- Access advanced modelling and testing facilities, including the eMotion Lab that examines gamers’ physiological involvement with games.
- The SMART Technology Centre explores computer networking and communication systems, focusing its research on high-performance computing, network protocols and architectures, wireless and sensor networks, and more.
- Research group opportunities available at PhD level, from the AI + IoT Research Lab to Applied Games and Engaging Technologies.
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.