Why study the Social Sciences at Manchester Metropolitan University?
The Department of Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences at MMU is a community of passionate creatives with a truly international focus. With university associations and relations in over 50 countries, attracting students from all over the world, Social Sciences at MMU is a diverse hub of students and academics.
- The Geoffrey Manton Building is the central hub for Humanities students offering a dedicated Multimedia Resource Library, computer lab and a mix of modern seminar rooms and spacious lecture halls
- Take your learning outside the classroom with visits, field trips, placements or study exchanges
- Have a passion for more than one subject? Flexible study options offer the opportunity to take Joint Honours or Combined Honours degrees
- Have a love for languages? You can even choose to study a foreign language as part of your degree course through the Uniwide languages programme.
- Studying a Master's degree? MMU's dedicated Postgraduate Arts and Humanities Centre (PAHC) is a community of more than 250 postgraduate students and even has its own academic journal!
Find out more about your course options by selecting a course level.