Language and Communication Essentials
Language and Communication Essentials is an English language program provided by The Centre for English Language Teaching (CELT) at The University of Western Australia (UWA). If you need to improve your English skills for a pathway program at UWA College, this course offers high-quality English language tuition in a supportive and friendly environment.
If you don't meet the language requirements to enter UWA’s degree programs directly, you'll need to apply for one of the other English language pathways offered by CELT:
- The Academic English and Study Skills Bridging Course
- English for Academic Purposes Course and Examination.
Find out more here.
English Language Requirements
From IELTS 2.5 or equivalent. Please note that minimum requirements vary depend on the study plan.
08 January 2024
12 February 2024
18 March 2024
29 April 2024
04 June 2024
15 July 2024
19 August 2024
30 September 2024
04 November 2024
06 January 2025
09 February 2025
16 March 2025
27 April 2025
01 June 2025
13 July 2025
- Package this program with your chosen UWA College pathway and UWA degree, giving you everything you need under a single study plan and visa - so you won’t have to take another language test on completion.
- Taught in five-week modules throughout the year, giving you flexibility on when you start.
- Teaching and assessments tailored to the requirements of study at UWA College.
- Experienced teachers offering the best preparation.