Accepted English Language Tests (NQF6)

If you intend to study at degree level in the UK (NQF 6 or above), you can take a standard IELTS test in order to apply for your Tier 4 student visa. It doesn't have to be a UKVI approved test.

Download the respective guidance for a centre to find out about alternative English language tests accepted if you are studying at degree level or above (pdf). Programmes at INTO centres which are considered to be NQF6 (degree level) or above include undergraduate degrees, graduate diplomas and postgraduate degrees.


INTO Glasgow Caledonian University

INTO University of Gloucestershire

INTO University of Exeter

INTO Queen's University Belfast

INTO University of Stirling

INTO Newcastle University

INTO City University London