INTO Manchester pre-arrival guide
Get organized. Feel prepared. Look forward to your journey ahead. Here’s all you need to do before you start your studies at INTO Manchester.
Join a live session with the INTO Center before you travel
Get to know your Welfare Team and the academic staff at INTO Manchester before you travel. Two days after you receive your offer letter, you'll be invited to join a live session with representatives from each. It will cover topics such as:
- information about the INTO Center, accommodation and the city of Manchester
- teaching in the UK and how you should prepare for your studies
- arrival dates and instructions
- explanation about Welcome Week
- university progression opportunities from INTO Manchester
- information about visa renewal.
Register for your course
Access the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to get started. We'll email your joining instructions and account details two weeks before your first class. Once you're in, you'll need to complete a digital skills module before you arrive.
This will cover:
- how to use the VLE
- grading and assignments
- the virtual classroom
- Microsoft Office
- tips for studying online.
Find out about orientation week
Discover what you'll get up to during your first week at INTO Manchester. Welcome Week includes a mixture of online and in-person events, including:
- meeting academic and support staff
- introduction to your INTO program
- module introductions or taster sessions
- Center and city tours
- registering with a doctor
- student support and wellbeing talks
- a social program fair.
You’ll find your Welcome Week timetable on the VLE as soon as access is granted. On the Friday of Welcome Week, your academic timetable will be emailed to your INTO email address.
Get to know the INTO Center and the city of Manchester
Familiarize yourself with your new city before you’ve even set foot in Manchester. You'll have access to a wide range of resources on the VLE, including: