Academic English is designed for students who do not meet the English language entry requirements for an International Year One or Graduate Pathway. Upon successful completion of Academic English, students may progress to an INTO Hofstra Pathway program or apply directly to Hofstra University.
NEW: Academic English 2.0
Our updated Academic English program includes:
- Assured study plan: placement assurance for students with qualifying scores under a year old at program start
- Measured Progress: consistent growth at each level (estimated 10 TOEFL/.5 IELTS points per semester)
- Enhanced Level Transfer: level portability across our US partners
- Academic Study Plan Calculator: add your program and English scores and receive an estimated study plan showing your duration of study
English Language Requirements
20 May 2024
09 September 2024
27 January 2025
19 May 2025
- A Pathway program provides academic, language and cultural support in order to succeed at a US university.
- Students are guaranteed progression to an undergraduate degree program through a curriculum consisting of credit-earning courses.
- Students will benefit from fully integrated classes with both domestic and other international students on campus while learning from highly trained university instructors and tutors.